Wednesday, July 27, 2011

multiple trunkless ones...

After little over a month of being a one-cat family, my hubby decided that Licorice needed a playmate. This is the same man who, when we married, "hated" cats... now he wanted 2!? It was an easy decision for him, seeing how he is at work all day, and I do all the pet maintenance around the house. So, after a short talk, we went to the same friends who had given us Licorice, and brought home Stripes yesterday evening.
The little Elephants are already in love, again...
I do have to say, its interesting having two pets when for so many years all our pet aspirations amounted to the idea of fish, and one sad attempt at a turtle out in the back yard.
The problem with these two cats is that, as of right now, they are NOT too thrilled with eachother. Although, we are experiencing a minor victory as I type this... they are both asleep in the same room. Other than that, they have spent all their free time squalling and squabbling about the territory issues. I have given Stripes his own space in the upstairs bathroom, with a litter box and bed and food dishes... Licorice doesn't agree that Stripes should be allowed past the edge of the bathroom door frame. I beg to differ, little kitty. We will keep trying to get them to agree and at least come to ignore/avoid eachother if they can't be friends.... but really, my felines, I just have to know... "Can't we all just get along?!"...

No comments:

Post a Comment