Friday, July 22, 2011

I do exist! :)

It's been almost a month... sorry!!
In this month, we have had a blur of a week of VBS at church (nine kids came to know Jesus, yay!!), thrown Pink Elephant her 3rd Birthday... a Belle Tea Party, overflowing with Disney Princess paraphenalia.... (or however you spell that word) ... I've been in a minor car accident and have been dealing with the phone calls and chiropractor appts resulting... All that to say, here I AM! I do exist! :)

Summer is quickly ending. This week I bought Pink Elephant her backpack for her first year of preschool. She wants to wear it everyday, and always asks when she gets to GO to preschool. I'm not ready for my baby to be this old, yet... sigh.

One great activity that we do from spring to late fall is our twice a week trips to the Farmer's Market.
I LOVE the Farmer's Market! We get our eggs and all our veggies from there. Shamelessly, I also enjoy the homemade jams and Amish treats available. :)  My kids LOVE to get "honey sticks" . One of the vendors sells honey and makes flavors and colors and puts them in plastic straws.. like a honey pixi-stick. Every Friday, BE and PE get their quarters and pick their flavors.

This summer has been full, and I'm sure in the few weeks remaining it will continue to burst at the seams with activity and adventure. I love it, though. It may be frenzied, it may be hot and hurried, it may be stressful, but it is a summer in both my precious little ones' lives that won't come again. I love to make memories with my treasured children. If I have to be over-busy for a season, its worth the sacrifice! :)

Alas, I shall strive to not sacrifice (so drastically) the time between my blog updates! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment